LOCKDOWN RECOMMENDATIONS FROM BOOM CHICAGO
Have you watched all of the good things on Netflix? Is komkommertijd television not ‘scratching that itch’? Luckily, Boom Chicago found new ways to keep these times exciting with top-quality entertainment. We ventured past the walls of Netflix, and into the land of Youtube and Instagram for material to keep you laughing through these unpredictable times. Our hilarious cast compiled lists of videos, films, and comedians that may not have made it on your binge-watching radar yet. If they think it’s funny, it’s gonna be pretty funny. The lists are in no particular order, differ in style and content. They’re like a box of chocolates.
This week, we’ll take a look at Long Islander Stacey Smith’s top recs. Enjoy!
Comedians You Need to Follow Today:
– Amy Sedaris (Her book Hospitality under the Influence and her series Stranger with Candy? Be still my heart)
– Chris Redd (He’s a brilliant mix of relatable, poignant and goofy as hell).
Favorite Stand Up Sets to Watch on Youtube
– (Some of) The Best of John Mullaney
– Tiffany Haddish Partied Too Hard In Miami
– Ali Wong Wants To Be Mexican In Her Next Life
Top Films to Watch (Comedy or Not)
-Parasite (Twists and turns, galore!)
-Frozen II (Olaf is the best actor of all time)
-Cats + any type of alcohol (drink anytime a cat comes on screen)
-Drop Dead Fred (Unpopular opinion: Liking this movie)
-Spaceballs (May the Schwartz Be With You!)
Stay tuned for more recommendations by Boom Chicago cast members! Together, we’ll get through these trying times.