What? De Speld Humor Writing Workshop (in Dutch)
When? Friday July 30, 14:30 – 17:00
How long? 2.5 hours
Where? Boom Chicago, Rozengracht 117 Amsterdam
Why? Because a collaboration between De Speld and Boom Chicago is long overdue!
- Workshop (NL)
Always wanted to know what it’s like to laugh? Then we have good news. For people just like you, De Speld developed the Humor Writing Workshop. The workshop is given by writers and performers from De Speld and is packed with examples of the best humor from the website. You will learn their style of comedy writing in a few hours, but hey: No starting your own website!
What will you learn?
● The basics of comedy writing
● How to write a good satirical piece and with what structure
● The key to writing a successful headline
● The best ways to collect ideas and how to make jokes about current affairs
● How to write a successful headline
● The headline
● You will receive a De Speld participation certificate, perfectly formatted for Tinder profiles
● English speaking guests can’t take this class. Sukkels
● Happy hour starts at 17:00 (what a coincidence). Plan on drinking and comparing notes with the other participants after the workshop!
- The main location is at Boom Chicago at Rozengracht 117 in Amsterdam
We will follow all health and safety rules in effect at that time.
We are expecting that by the end of July, with vaccines, better testing and less Corona, we will be able to have a regular, in-person festival with small modifications.
Perhaps it will still be smart to wear masks indoors. Perhaps the capacity will be lower. Perhaps we will administer a test or ask to see your status on an app. We will see as the date approaches, what procedures will be in place, but we expect the show to go on!
If for some reason, the festival does not go on, we will first offer Boom Chicago gift certificates and our thanks for your understanding. We will refund tickets for those who want their money back.
Yes. Buy with confidence. Tickets are flexible. Tickets are transferable, exchangeable and refundable. You can get a gift card for cancelling up to one hour before showtime. You can get a refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before showtime (minus a small fee per order).
Tickets are exchangeable for credit
– If you email us at [email protected] up to one hour before the show starts, we will be happy to send you a gift card for the amount of your tickets.
– Use that gift card to buy new tickets.
Tickets are transferable
– Give your tickets to a friend if you cannot use them.
– The first one who scans the QR code gets in. Everyone else with a copy is refused. No discussions at the door please.
– If you don’t give your QR code to anyone else, then no one can claim the ticket but you.
Tickets are refundable
– Up to 72 hours before show time
– Minus a €10 fee per order to cover labor and bank charges
– We’d rather you took a gift card.
– Email us at [email protected] with your details
Almost all the shows are in English. The ones in Dutch will be clearly marked.
In June. First we will announce the showcases and classes, so you will know the themes of a particular show.