FLOOR MANAGER (32-40 h/pw)
At Boom Chicago we strive to create a great experience for all our guests. As a member of this team, you are the face of Boom Chicago. Boom Chicago has been making local and international audiences laugh for more than 24 years. Boom Chicago regularly hosts guest comedians, corporate events and other performances at its venue on the Rozengracht.
Key responsibilities & duties
As Floor Manager you will be leading the daily shifts and assisting the Operations Manager. You report directly to the Operations Manager. You will be part of the Front of House team that consists of bartenders, baristas and host/hostesses. The team varies in size between 10 – 15 part time employees. On any given day you will be leading a team of 2-6 employees. The Floor Manager looks after the FOH team, and plans the week together with the Operations Manager.
You will train the staff according to company guidelines, you lead by example and take shifts on the floor yourself. Due to the nature of our business, we require flexible and charming staff with a can do mentality. ‘This is not my responsibility’ is not part of your vocabulary. We are always improving and we ask the same of our staff. We stop at nothing to give our guests a night to remember.
Daily operations and organizational effectiveness:
- Prepares the bar for service and runs the night, the team and the sales
- Delivers excellent customer experience according to the strategy the company has defined
- Knows the Boom Blue Print for Customer Excellence and the FOH manual and follows it
- With the Operations Manager plans, staffs and oversees special events for which a different schedule applies.
- Ensure the workplace is clean and tidy
Horeca Sales and Logistics:
- Focuses on how to increase sales and drink per capitas/visitors on a daily basis and sets clear goals (SMART) for the team
- Comes up with ideas and plans for new customers, connections and events in cooperation with the Operations Manager and the sales&marketing department
- Assist the Operations Manager in ordering and managing stock
- Makes the rosters and is in touch with the team in case of cancelled shifts or sickness etc.
- Trains staff with Boom Chicago’s DNA, work mentality and sales culture
- Set up trainings to inspire and motivate the staff
- 2-4 years experience in hospitality (bar, restaurant)
- Well connected in the Amsterdam Horeca scene
- Experience with rostering and stock control
- A pro-active, can-do, and passionate mentality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Command of both Dutch and English
- Hard working, self starting and able to work in a highly stressful environment
- You are alert and have an eye for detail
- Creative, able to build and grow a night within our bar
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com