Boom Chicago is a creative organization that produces live comedy shows, television productions, tailored programs and videos for corporate clients and events. Our venue on the Rozengracht has multiple spaces, a bar and an escape room. We regularly host comedians, corporate events and other performances at our theater. At Boom Chicago we strive to create a great experience for all our guests. As a member of the Front of House team you are the face of Boom Chicago.
As Floor Manager you will be assisting our Operations Manager. You will be part of the Front of House team and lead daily shifts and events. The team consists of 10 to 15 part time employees. Due to the nature of our business, we require flexible and charming staff with a can do mentality. ‘This is not my responsibility’ is not part of your vocabulary. We are always improving and we ask the same of our staff. We stop at nothing to give our guests a night to remember.
Daily Operations and Organizational Effectiveness
- Prepare the bar for service and run the night, the team and the sales
- Deliver excellent customer experience according to the company’s strategy
- Know the Boom Blue Print for Customer Excellence and the FOH manual and follow it
- Assist the Operations Manager with planning, staffing and overseeing special events for which a different schedule applies
- Ensure the workplace is clean and tidy
Horeca Sales and Logistics
- Focus on how to increase sales and drink per capitas/visitors on a daily basis
- Assist the Operations Manager in ordering and managing stock
- Makes the rosters and is in touch with the team in case of cancelled shifts or sickness etc.
- 2-4 years experience in hospitality (bar, restaurant)
- Experience with rostering and stock control
- A pro-active, can-do, and sales driven mentality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Command of both Dutch and English
- Hard working, self starting and able to work in a highly stressful environment
- Creative, able to build and grow a night within our bar
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].