Boom Chicago is the Amsterdam based improvisational comedy theater that has enjoyed great success at connecting with international audiences for almost 25 years. At Boom Chicago we strive for a great experience for all our guests.
We are looking for the right person to help us exceed our guests’ expectations, you are eager to learn and always friendly and helpful. Our new colleague is an important asset to Boom Chicago’s Front of House (FOH) team and is willing to jump in if necessary for the good cause.
You will be part of the FOH team that consists of bartenders, baristas and host/hostesses. Due to the nature of our business, we require flexible and charming staff with a can do mentality. ‘This is not my responsibility’ is not part of your vocabulary. We are always improving and we ask the same of our staff. We stop at nothing to give our guests a night to remember.
- Correctly prepare the bar for service
- Greet and acknowledge all guests, pro-actively reaching out to them
- Know the FOH manual and follow it
- Serve drinks, cocktails and specials correctly and timely according to company recipes and guidelines.
- Sell tickets to guests
- Assist during inhouse (corporate) events
- Recognize up-sell opportunities and actively pursue them
- Prepare food
- Ensure the workplace is clean and tidy
- Follow tasks given by Head Bartenders or Operations Manager
- Be proactive, can-do, and passionate
- HAVE FUN!
What We Are Looking for in You
- Positive and ambitious oriented mind-set
- Accountable and independent working attitude
- Supportive and hands-on mentality
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
What We Offer
- Fun environment to work in, after all, it is comedy
- 1-2 shifts per week with the potential to grow
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day and you have full ownership and responsibility, we’re counting on you!
- You will work with the most inspiring and fun colleagues
- Flexibility to combine this position with other on-going responsibilities in your life
- Free tickets for you, your friends and family to our shows
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].