At Boom Chicago we strive to create a great experience for all our guests. As a member of this team, you are the face of Boom Chicago. Boom Chicago has been making local and international audiences laugh for more than 24 years. Boom Chicago regularly hosts guest comedians, corporate events and other performances at its venue on the Rozengracht.
Key responsibilities & duties
As Floor Manager you will be leading the daily shifts and assisting the Operations Manager. You report directly to the Operations Manager. You will be part of the Front of House team that consists of bartenders, baristas and host/hostesses. The team varies in size between 10 – 15 part time employees. On any given day you will be leading a team of 2-6 employees. The Floor Manager looks after the FOH team, and plans the week together with the Operations Manager.
You will train the staff according to company guidelines, you lead by example and take shifts on the floor yourself. Due to the nature of our business, we require flexible and charming staff with a can do mentality. ‘This is not my responsibility’ is not part of your vocabulary. We are always improving and we ask the same of our staff. We stop at nothing to give our guests a night to remember.
Daily operations and organizational effectiveness:
• Prepares the bar for service and runs the night, the team and the sales
• Delivers excellent customer experience according to the strategy the company has defined
• Knows the Boom Blue Print for Customer Excellence and the FOH manual and follows it
• With the Operations Manager plans, staffs and oversees special events for which a different schedule applies.
• Ensure the workplace is clean and tidy
Horeca Sales and Logistics:
• Focuses on how to increase sales and drink per capitas/visitors on a daily basis and sets clear goals (SMART) for the team
• Comes up with ideas and plans for new customers, connections and events in cooperation with the Operations Manager and the sales&marketing department
• Assist the Operations Manager in ordering and managing stock
• Makes the rosters and is in touch with the team in case of cancelled shifts or sickness etc.
• Trains staff with Boom Chicago’s DNA, work mentality and sales culture
• Set up trainings to inspire and motivate the staff
• 2-4 years experience in hospitality (bar, restaurant)
• Well connected in the Amsterdam Horeca scene
• Experience with rostering and stock control
• A pro-active, can-do, and passionate mentality
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Command of both Dutch and English
• Hard working, self starting and able to work in a highly stressful environment
• You are alert and have an eye for detail
• Creative, able to build and grow a night within our bar
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Robert
ESCAPE ROOM MANAGER
Our newest escape room, Escape Through The Movies, is inspired by the history of our building, which opened as a cinema 100 years ago. With a multi-room high-tech adventure, Boom Chicago raises the creative bar again to show what an escape room can be. Boom Chicago is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to supervise, run and market Escape Through The Movies.
• Hire and supervise a staff of operator/actors
• Schedule shifts for operational collegues
• Grow the business and reach sales targets
• Supervise the website and ticket sales
• Make weekly sales reports
• Supervise systems and repair broken things
• Work with our Operations Manager and Sales Manager for smooth operations
• Sell the second visit to happy customers (the experience can be done twice)
• Maintain relations with neighbors and hotels for referrals
• Be responsible for complete communications and (automated) messages to customers (at booking, one day before, afterwards, posting photos, request, getting referrals from satisfied customers)
• Collaborate with marketing team on Boom Chicago social media platforms
• Support other Boom Chicago Sales and Marketing activities
• Run the room during peak moments each week and fill in during staff shortages
• You have high standards. You like escape rooms and want to work at one of the best in the world
• You have (assistant) managed a team or a business with customers
• Your English is fluent. Dutch is a plus
• You have knowledge or experience with email, social media and/or advertising campaigns
• You are good with customers and colleagues.
• You are excited by working with our digital marketeer and marketing manager to promote the escape room
• You will maintain our trip advisor page
• You have computer sophistication and can do primitive DTP, Excel and can diagnose basic computer related issues. I mean come on. This is 2017.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Andrew
For Boom Chicago and the Rozengracht local business committee.
• Update and manage website of Rozengracht local business committee
• Update and manage social media calendar for the Rozengracht local business committee
• Being part of the Street Branding project team who aim to put Rozengracht on the map among locals, businesses, tourists and more
• Managing surveys and data entry for Boom Chicago shows
• Preparing and presenting data to Marketing Manager
• Contact person for certain external marketing&sales efforts
• Desk research to monitor market trends who affect one of our fur business pillars
• Daily marketing & sales tasks
• Fluent Dutch and English speaker
• Strong understanding of general marketing principles
• Basic understanding of digital marketing
• Good customer relations skills
What do we offer
• A monthly salary of 350 euros
• Free tickets to certain Boom Chicago shows
• Discounts on certain Boom Chicago services
• The opportunity to work with incredibly talented actors and office personnel.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Carmela
WANT TO AUDITION FOR BOOM CHICAGO?
We typically have auditions once a year based on performer need. The auditions are held in 2-4 U.S. cities. As of now we don’t have auditions planned but we will update the website when we do. If you have any additional questions feel free to email our artistic director, Jim Woods, at email@example.com.