Get your Comedy Conversations pass now. Get access to all seven Q&A events for the price of three.
Join us this summer for the first annual Boom Chicago Comedy Festival on the Rozengracht!
Get ready to laugh! The festival features a broad range of comedy styles with a focus on improvisation. We are programming top international comedians, talent from all over the Netherlands and local stars from Amsterdam including our main cast. There will be a full slate of comedy shows, workshops, Q&A events, and of course the festival bar will be buzzing!
The festival runs nine days from July 24 to August 1. We begin with Boom Chicago weekend and the first workshops on July 24-25. Q&A’s launch July 26 and the main event starts on July 28. We close on August 1 with a marathon of ‘digital-first’ shows. Those will be streamed online, live from our theater, also with an in-person audience
Join our festival update mailing list! and be the first to know what shows we announce and when tickets go on sale!
ON SALE NOW
Mixer Teams are a way to join the festival as a student-performer. You will rehearse a specific format from 11:00-16:30 with a world-renowned instructor, and it will culminate in a performance in our festival.
CONFIRMED COMEDY GUESTS
We are very pleased to announce Jordan and Kay to our Comedy Conversation line-up.
Jordan Peele is one of America’s most exciting writer-directors-producers. Out and Kay Cannon is a successful screenwriter, producer and director.
Can’t wait to get tickets for their Q&A’s? No worries! You can now get the Comedy conversation Pass and get access to all 7 Q&A’s for the price of 3!
Book now to be on our Mixer Teams
Mixer Teams are a great way for a performer or student* to join the festival. Each of our three world-class teachers will offer a workshop on their specific format from 11:00-16:30 on Friday or Saturday. After happy hour and dinner, the three workshop teams will perform on one bill for a unique improv show on closing Saturday night.
Announcing: Colton Dunn
We will ask Colton questions about his rise in Hollywood, share stories of his time at Boom Chicago and of course, make sure you, the audience get to ask some questions to him as well! Colton Dunn is a very funny comedian, actor, writer, and producer and Boom Chicago alum.
We will follow all health and safety rules in effect at that time.
We are expecting that by the end of July, with vaccines, better testing and less Corona, we will be able to have a regular, in-person festival with small modifications.
Perhaps it will still be smart to wear masks indoors. Perhaps the capacity will be lower. Perhaps we will administer a test or ask to see your status on an app. We will see as the date approaches, what procedures will be in place, but we expect the show to go on!
If for some reason, the festival does not go on, we will first offer Boom Chicago gift certificates and our thanks for your understanding. We will refund tickets for those who want their money back.
- The main location is at Boom Chicago at Rozengracht 117 in Amsterdam. Shows, the festival bar, and many workshops are on the Rozengracht.
- Some workshops are at The Student Hotel ‘City’ at Wibautsstraat 129.
Yes! Buy with confidence. Tickets are flexible. Tickets are transferable, exchangeable and refundable. You can get a gift card for cancelling up to one hour before showtime. You can get a refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before showtime (minus a small fee per order).
Tickets are exchangeable for credit up to one hour before the show
– Email us at [email protected] up to one hour before the show starts. We will be happy to send you a gift card for the amount of your tickets.
– Use that gift card to buy new tickets.
– If you know already what new show you want to see, include that in the email. Maybe we can just rebook you to the new show.
Tickets are transferable
– Give your tickets to a friend if you cannot use them.
– The first one who scans the QR code gets in. Everyone else with a copy of the QR code will be refused. No discussions at the door please.
– If you don’t give your QR code to anyone else, then no one can claim your ticket but you.
Tickets are refundable
– Up to 72 hours before show time
– Minus a €10 fee per order to cover labor and bank charges
– We’d rather you took a gift card (no charge for that).
– Email us at [email protected] with your details
Almost all the shows are in English. The ones in Dutch will be clearly marked.
Tickets go on sale as guests are confirmed. Some are on sale right now. Sign up for the festival mailing list for an alert when new shows go on sale. All tickets will be on line in June.
Buy with confidence as tickets are refundable, exchangeable and transferable. For more details about this, see the other FAQ point.
In June. First we will announce the showcases and classes, so you will know the themes of a particular show.