The first Boom Chicago Comedy Festival on the Rozengracht!
Get ready to laugh! Enjoy a variety of styles with lots of improvisation and stand up comedy. Expect big international comedians, top Dutch talent like Arjen Lubach, Op Sterk Water and De Speld plus local Amsterdam stars including our main cast. See shows, do workshops and eat and drink at Queen Your Plate drag brunch. Yes the festival bar will be buzzing!
The BCCF runs July 24 to August 1. Comedy Conversations featuring superstars like Seth Meyers and Jordan Peele start July 26. Join our festival mailing list to stay up to date!
Safe, Free, and Easy! BCCF Onsite Festival Testing – Just show up!
Plan ahead with TestenVoorToegang.org or show up with no reservation to the Boom Chicago Comedy Festival. We have free GGD-accredited testing onsite for the festival from July 27 to August 1 from 15:00 to 21:00.
(For shows July 24-26, guests will be seated at distance and there are no health entrance requirements – EXCEPTION: Queen Your Plate Drag Brunch.)
Read more on our festival FAQ
Do you have friends?
Buy 3 tickets to a show below and you get your 4th for free!
ALL SHOWS ON SALE
Some of Simon Feilder’s festival recommendations
Amsterdam Expat Stand Up
MON July 26 – 20:30
Shot of Improv XXL
THURS July 29 – 22:00
FRI July 30 – 21:30
Announcing: Arjen Lubach performs with the very funny Op Sterk Water, his old improv group
The reunion show you have been waiting for. This doesn’t happen every day!
Final two places on our Mixer Teams
Mixer Teams are a great way for a performer or student to join the festival. Each of our three world-class teachers will offer a workshop on their specific format from 11:00-16:30 on Friday or Saturday.
After happy hour and dinner, the three workshop teams will perform on one bill for a unique improv show on closing Saturday night.
The teams led by Susan Harrison and Katy Schutte are sold out. Ella Galt has just two slots on her mixer team.
Yes it will! (Inshallah)
We are expecting that by the end of July, with vaccines, better testing and less Corona, we will be able to have a regular, in-person festival with small modifications.
Perhaps masks will still be required while you walk around. Perhaps the capacity will be lower. For those not able to prove vaccination, we (or the government) may require a negative speed test result to enter. It has been reported these will also be given free at government sites in advance. Perhaps there will be no testing requirements. Wouldn’t that be nice?
We will update these procedures on our website as information becomes available and try to make smart, safe and reasonable decisions.
We expect the show to go on! If for some reason, the festival does not go on, we will first offer Boom Chicago gift certificates and our thanks for your understanding.
We will reluctantly refund tickets for those who want their money back.
- The main location is at Boom Chicago at Rozengracht 117 in Amsterdam. Shows, the festival bar, and most workshops are on the Rozengracht.
- Some workshops are at The Student Hotel ‘City’ at Wibautsstraat 129.
- The Comedy Conversations are a live, in-person event, but there is also a high quality digital stream.
Yes! Buy with confidence. Tickets are flexible. Tickets are transferable, exchangeable and refundable. You can get a gift card for cancelling up to one hour before showtime. You can get a refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before showtime (minus a small fee per order).
Tickets are exchangeable for credit up to one hour before the show
– Email us at [email protected] up to one hour before the show starts. We will be happy to send you a gift card for the amount of your tickets.
– Use that gift card to buy new tickets.
– If you know already what new show you want to see, include that in the email. Maybe we can just rebook you to the new show.
Tickets are transferable
– Give your tickets to a friend if you cannot use them.
– The first one who scans the QR code gets in. Everyone else with a copy of the QR code will be refused. No discussions at the door please.
– If you don’t give your QR code to anyone else, then no one can claim your ticket but you.
Tickets are refundable
– Up to 72 hours before show time
– Minus a €10 fee per order to cover labor and bank charges
– We’d rather you took a gift card (no charge for that).
– Email us at [email protected] with your details
Almost all the shows are in English. The ones in Dutch will be clearly marked.
They are on sale! Sign up for the festival mailing list for updates.
Buy with confidence as tickets are refundable, exchangeable and transferable. For more details about this, see the other FAQ point.
It is up. Of course there could be small changes because, you know, this is a festival.